Hi everyone! I made a fall mixtape in September and had planned on making one for winter and never did. However, after making a playlist for my long plane rides in the coming days, I have decided to make another for Spring. Let’s get started.
- Machine-Misterwives: You all know my love for this band and this song is no different. Off of their second studio album (released May 19th), machine is an alternative jam that I listen to almost every day. It has such great vibes going along with it and has a bit of a political hidden message in it and when they played it at the concert, I sobbed. Give it a listen.
- Where Does the Good Go-Tegan and Sara: This song is over 10 years old but I just discovered it within the last month while watching Grey’s Anatomy. It sort of reminds me of leaving and new beginnings which is what I will be having in a week so I felt it needed to be here.
- Paris-Chainsmokers: I know this is a ‘basic’ band or whatever but this song sort of screams wanderlust to me and since basically half of my spring I will be in Peru, I felt it needed to have a place on this playlist.
- Midnight Movies-Saint Motel: I was listening to this song when I decided I wanted to make a Spring mixtape. This was never one of my favorite Saint Motel songs but it has a weird tempo, not too fast paced for a summer feel but not slow enough for a fall song. I have learned to appreciate this song more recently and I definitely recommend it.
- Girls like Girls- Haley Kiyoko: This song was just released and I love this song. It is quite a catchy tune and I find myself humming it even when it isn’t on.
- Ophelia- The Lumineers: This song has a more fall vibey tempo (it could just be the album cover) but it is a beautiful song sung by an amazingly talented person. This is a song I love to listen to with my windows rolled down when it’s late and no one is speaking, just enjoying music and each other’s company.
- What a Feeling-One Direction: Harry Styles is releasing his first ever single on April 7th so that song would make this playlist (even if it was just him playing the triangle for 5 minutes), however, it isn’t out, so I thought I would give one of my favorite One Direction songs a place on this playlist.
- Work this Body-Walk the Moon: This song always makes me feel very confident in myself and like I can do anything. I am living my dream next month so this song is being put to life for me.
- Art Exhibit-Young the Giant: I don’t really know to describe this song. It’s sort of magical and it isn’t a very well-known song by the band. Nevertheless, it is a wonderfully elegant and beautiful song.
- Fire Escape-Andrew McMahon: This song is another song like Machine, an alternative jam. It has a weird beat so it’s upbeat but not super upbeat… if that makes any sense. It has become one of my favorite songs as of late and I listen to it all the time. I had never heard of the artist before this song but I have started to listen to more of his music besides this song, and I really like the sound he puts out.
What would be some songs on your Spring playlist?