Hi everyone, just me again, with another tag! Anna did this tag a bit back and I really wanted to do it too! Check out her post and I hope you enjoy my answers!
Bookmarks or a random piece of paper
It’s usually a pen because I like to underline so I just stick it in the book when I’ done
Stop reading randomly or stop after a chapter/certain amount of pages
I hate stopping mid-chapter, however, some have those like pauses in chapters and I sometimes will stop there if I’m falling asleep or have to leave
Certain place at home for reading?
My bed, however, my position always changes because THERE IS NO READING POSITION THAT IS COMFORTABLE FOR LONGER THAN 5 MINUTES
Eat or drink while reading?
Music or TV while reading?
Absolute silence usually but sometimes a bit of jazz music, depending on what I’m reading
One book at a time or several?
1 omg or else I get plots mixed up
Reading at home or everywhere?
Home usually but I can read on planes and busses
Reading out loud or silently?
Silently… sometimes I read aloud when I’m really tired or when there are no quotation marks… I’ll make different voices for each character so I know what the hell is going on
Do you ever read ahead or skip pages?
Breaking the spine or keeping it like new?
Breaking the spine tbh. Everyone gets angry about it but it’s my book so get off my ass
Do you write in your books?
I like to underline quotes and circle words I don’t know so yeah
There weren’t any rules for this so if you want to take a swing at this tag, be my guest, if not, that’s cool too!
Thank you so much to Jess from JessReadsBooks for nominating me for this award. If you guys couldn’t tell from her blog title, she likes books. So, if you like books (who doesn’t) go check out her blog! Let’s get started with this award
- Answer the 11 questions from the nominator
- Nominate 11 blogs
- Ask them 11 questions
- What is a popular book or series that you haven’t read yet? I never read The Hunger Games. I didn’t even watch any of the movies until Mockingjay Pt 1.
- Who are your auto-buy authors? James Frey, Emma Cline, James Patterson
- What is your favorite genre? Tie between Science Fiction and Drama
- If you could switch places with any fictional character, who would it be? Ugh, why do you do this to me? I honestly have no clue. I’m trying to think of a book one (since the rest are book related) but I can’t so I’m totally picking Hannah Montana. In her wise words “You get the best of both worlds”
- If you could live in any fictional world, what would it be? What child didn’t want to go to Hogwarts? I would most definitely live in Harry Potter’s world.
- Who are your OTP? Okay, since I read book one, saw movie one, and since then I NEEDED HARRY POTTER AND HERMIONE GRANGER. I loved them together. Loved. Like since I was 4 years old I wanted the two of them and NOPE
- Do you have a favorite book to movie adaptation? Okay. I am saying Brave New World. Why? It was the worst movie adaptation of a book I have ever seen. However, it was so bad… it was good. If you ever have the chance watch it (the 1980 version none of the newer ones)
- What are your feelings about audiobooks? I have never listened to an audiobook in my life. I know so many people find them beneficial but I’ve just been too lazy to try it for myself
- What about ebooks? I love my kindle. I also love the smell and feel of real life books. The kindle is great for night time reading and is nice for those with carpel tunnel whose arms get stiff and angry after holding the book open. I am indifferent
- What book are you currently reading? Secret Life of Bees
- What is the next book on your TBR? I have so many books in my queue honestly… Some of them are The Blade Itself by Joe Abercrombie, Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold, and Local Girls by Caroline Zancan.
- What is your favorite type of flower (the award image inspired me)?
- Do you believe in conspiracy theories? If so, which ones and why? If not, why?
- What has been your favorite age so far?
- What is your favorite Disney movie?
- If you had to pick: rainy day or snowy day which would it be?
- If you could have three wishes, what would they be?
- What was the last thing you ate?
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
- What was the last book you read?
- Are you a coffee person or a tea person?
- What are you looking forward to most right now?
Sarah Sally Leticia Debbie AJ Jasmine Lindsay, Gina, and Jacquie Flavia Ally, Laurena, and Melia Elizabelle Emma
Just one more heads up. You don’t have to do these but they are super fun!
Okay everyone, so I have been tagged in a couple tags/awards over the past few days am debating on whether posting all three of them during the week or saving some till the weekend. Decisions, decisions. Well, let’s get started.
Only doing this one (wasn’t technically tagged) because I had already written it before I was tagged in the other 2
Lu over at GirlWhoReads did this award and nominated whoever and since I had never heard of this award decided to do it. Let’s go.
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Add these rules to your post.
- Answer all the questions below.
- Display the award picture in your post.
- Nominate 12 other bloggers who are funny, inspiring and most important of all ENTERTAINING!
- Why did you start a blog in the first place? My first ever blog was a fitness blog that I used to keep motivated and keep track of my food consumption and exercise… thinks like that. It sort of turned into a lifestyle blog because I developed some poor eating habits and an eating disorder. I would blog about that and other things I was going through. That inspired me to make a separate blog for just my lifestyle and rant shitposts that you see today.
- What is your favorite book? Okay, this is going to sound really basic and like boring but Catcher in the Rye. Ever since I read it in my sophomore Honors English class, no book has yet to top it. I love reading but can get lost or lose focus pretty quickly. This book was phenomenal and also in the writing style that I write in most often so it was easy to relate to.
- What do you dislike the most? People who shove their opinions down their throat… especially when it comes to religion. I have never believed in God and all that jazz. I am totally fine if you do but when people tell me I am wrong for not believing in God or try to get me to ‘leave the dark side and come to the good side.’ yes those words have been said to me
- What is your favorite food item from the mall? Ok so I’m not sure if this is an American thing, a Chicagoan thing or everyone has it but at some malls and other touristy locations in the city they have like candied almonds, peanuts, walnuts, and cashews. The almonds are by far the best but they make them fresh and the smell is honestly intoxicating
- What is your favorite past time? I think I would have to say writing. I mean writing has always been something I’ve done and will continue to do. Whether I have a good writing day or a bad one, writing has always been a way to express myself in the purest form.
Because I suck and feel like I had nominated the same people for the last 2 awards, I nominate anyone whose name starts with a vowel: A,E,I,O,U and if your name starts with a Y… flip a coin.
Hi everyone, so Allie made a blog post about receiving the Mystery Blogger Award and she nominated everyone whose name begins with a vowel. Last time I checked, the letter A is a vowel so I figured, why not do this? Also a huge shoutout to Okoto Enigma for creating this award. 🙂
Put the award logo/image on your blog.
List the rules.
Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog!
Mention the creator of the award and provide a link to their blog as well.
Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
You have to nominate 10-20 people.
Notify each of your nominees by commenting on their blog.
Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify).
Share your link to your best post(s).
3 things about myself:
- I am a huge sports fan. Like honestly I will watch any sport anytime. I mainly follow Chicago teams but I also really like the Knicks because my husband (Joakim Noah) got traded from the Bulls so now I have to keep up with him.
- I never had braces and I still don’t have glasses. Everyone always get o jealous of me for not having either but it’s just really normal for me.
- I still play the Kim Kardashian game. I’m not even a fan of any of the Kardashians or Jenners the game is just really addicting.
So Allie didn’t do the 5 questions part so I’m going to answer the 5 questions of the blog who nominated her.
- If you could switch lives with one famous person for one day each year, who would you choose and why? I think I would pick like a Youtuber, specifically a beauty guru. Like MannyMUA or something because he gets to do what he loves (if bomb at doing makeup too!!), is given so many amazing opportunities, and gets to travel the world. Who wouldn’t want that???
- What would be the best present you could find under your tree this year? Th is always the most annoying question. I never know what I want for Christmas. If I had to pick something right off the bat, I would really love (I am so lame I know) something from Magnolia Farms. If you guys have ever hear of the show ‘Fixer Upper’ on HGTV, that is their store. I want like a cute hat or shirt or something. I am so lame but it’s whatever.
- Let’s say you just won the lottery and you are now the richest person in the world. What are the first 3 things you’re going to do? I feel sort of bad for saying this but the first thing I would do is take care of myself and my family. Like I would make sure all of our college is paid for, we all have cars, houses, and are well taken care of. The next thing i would do is put a good amount of it in the bank just in case something happens. I would need to make sure I was always well off if i lost a job or just in case of emergencies. The final thing i would do it volunteer. I would go to Africa, Asia, South America and give my time and money to those who are less fortunate than I am. I would probably start a charity or some schools for underprivileged children in 3rd world countries.
- What’s your personal opinion of social media? It’s good to some extent but like I have blogged about many times, there are flaws and it can create monsters.
- Weird question, if you had to lose all senses except for one, which would you keep? I think I would keep my sight. To me personally it it the most important. I could still write and read since I can’t hear. And I can still see the things I cannot feel or taste or smell so when it comes to food I could still be conscious of what I am putting in my body and of things around me.
Now for my 5 questions
- If you could travel to one country in the entire world, which would it be?
- What was the last lie you told? Why did you tell it?
- What was your first when you woke up this morning?
- What can instantly cheer you up, no matter what?
- Weird: Would you be willing to eat a bowl of cockroaches for $40,000?
Alright now for the people I nominate
Obviously none of you have to do this if you don’t want but I thought it was a fun thing to do.
Until later for my NaBloPoMo post
Hi all! I’ve been pretty distant for the past week. Haven’t really been in the writing mood and haven’t even opened my laptop in over a week. Well, I did today and realized that I was nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award by lifeofaninspiredteen. So first, a huge thank you to her. PS everyone check her out. Cool blog, cool person.
So, basically, there are some rules, some fun stuff and then I get to paste this super cute image at the bottom of my blog for everyone to see. Let’s get started.
1. Write a post to show your award.
2. Acknowledge the blogger that nominated you.
3. Give a brief story about how you got started blogging.
4. Give two pieces of advice for new bloggers.
5. Nominate 15 bloggers for the award.
Write a post to show your award (you’re reading it ;))
Acknowledge the blogger that nominated you. ONCE AGAIN SHOUT OUT TO lifeofaninspiredteen
How I started Blogging:
Well, I really don’t know. I mean I do, I just also don’t. I never liked reading and writing despite being relatively decent at it. I would always compare my work to other people and would really beat myself up about not being good enough. When I was 14 I started my weight loss blog to document what I was eating and my exercise schedule and other fun stuff like that. I also started a summer bucket list blog with my then best friend because we were bored and I had stumbled upon another blogger (doesn’t blog anymore or I’d link and shout her out) who had a summer bucket list blog. And then I guess that sparked my love for writing and I started my personal blog and then another weight loss blog and then this blog here and I got to where I am today.
Advice for new Bloggers:
- Post often. The more you post, the more likely it will be that people will end up on your blog and follow you. I really need to work on it, but then again, don’t we all.
- Don’t be afraid to comment, like, follow, or chat with other bloggers. When people comment on my blog I head over to their blog and read their posts. like a few, and even give a follow. This is how I have met a ton of cool bloggers and even discovered the blog that nominated me for this award. I love meeting new people and I’m sure I’m not the only one. So put yourself out there, you never know who you might meet. 🙂
Super Cool People I am Nominating:
- A Girl’s Voyage
- Adventures of Lightning
- Sigh this life
- 6 afraid of 7
- Jay Colby
- Alora and Hannah
So, that’s it. Once again thank you to lifeofaninspiredteen for the nom and I hope everyone I nominated follows the rules to keep spreading this awesome award!