In one of my previous posts, I remarked at how I was not going to be making a huge list of resolutions, which I’m not. I am however going to be creating intentions as I did last year. These are different than goals [thanks to CHAARG for introducing these to me] in the sense that they aren’t necessarily accomplished. Instead of “Don’t use my phone when I’m with friends” I would say something along the lines of “Try to live in the moment when with others.” It’s more ambiguous and less strict because odds are, I’m going to use my phone when I’m with others to text someone back, take a picture, check the weather etc. However, by saying to live in the moment, I know I mean to not have my eyes glued to my phone and be refreshing twitter and Instagram when I don’t need to be. These intentions are also usually not something you do once like “Get a 4.0” but more like “Never put your grades on the back burner and remember to always be learning.” These are obviously 2 completely different things but if I were to put “Get a 4.0” and I got one A-, I would beat myself up about it for weeks. Whereas, with the latter, I know that even if I get an A- or two, I put my all into my learning. So, now that the resolution vs intention lesson is over; here are my intentions for the year 2019.
- Follow through on things I begin.
- Get stronger physically, mentally, and emotionally.
- Never put my grades on the back burner and remember to always be learning.
- Try to live in the moment when with others.
- Pour my heart into the things I am passionate about.
- Write; as much as I can, when I can.
- Read; as much as I can, when I can.
- Don’t be afraid to try new things – foods, cultures, ways of living, etc.
- Put effort into all of my current and future relationships.
- Make an effort to use less screen time, especially during the week.
These are my 10 intentions for 2019 and always. What are yours?