Good afternoon all, and on this installment of my back to school series, I wanted to discuss some ways to prepare for going back to school, whether it be high school, college, grad school, etc. These are some things I find to be most helpful for me when getting ready for back to school
- Get on a solid sleep schedule- As much as people love falling asleep at 6 am and waking up at 4 pm, in school, life that just doesn’t work. Start waking up and going to bed earlier and earlier until you are getting a sufficient amount of sleep with hours that work with your schedule.
- Develop an exercise routine- As easy as it is to finish class or work and just want to go to bed, exercise is such a great way to relieve stress and stay healthy so no matter what type of exercise you do (walking, running, weight training, biking, etc.) make sure you get in at least 30 minutes every day.
- Stay hydrated- This is a given but if you start drinking your 8 cups or so of water each day before school starts (and in general) you’ll be more inclined to be drinking enough water daily, without thinking.
- Create a routine- Something that I love having down pact is a morning and nighttime routine. Whether you take an hour for a face treatment or you read before bed, having your routines set before school makes the transition from home to school such a breeze.
- Set goals- Whether it be maintaining a certain GPA, joining a new club, or just going to more office hours, setting small goals along the way is a super helpful way to reach longterm goals (getting a job, graduating, etc.)
- Use your planner and get ORGANIZED- My planner is my whole life during school. It tells me days off, tests and quizzes, homework assignments, club meetings, everything. Start using it before school and write down any assignments you know you’ll have or university days off so that when school starts you’ll have one less thing to do.
How do you prepare for back to school?