Hi everyone! Every year, there are certain things I feel the need to do to make the most out of my Holiday season. Some things I do no matter what ie. finish Christmas shopping and others ie. Build a snowman can be thrown under the rug with the hustle and bustle of the Holiday season. I figured I would make a list of Holiday things to do in the hopes I get all of them done, let’s see.
- Finish Christmas Shopping (I have two more gifts to buy.. One for the hardest person to shop for ever and the other for my dog)
- See the Christmas trees at the Museum of Science and Industry: We used to do this almost every year but haven’t in a while and it is such a cool thing. You get to experience Christmases from all over the world
- Visit the Christkindlmarket: Like the Christmas market in Germany… but in the United States and not nearly as big… just as cool and still with the gross hot wine
- Drive around and look at Christmas decorations: There is one road I drive on a lot that millionaires (owner of Portillos) live on and they have the most extravagant Christmas displays. Such a beautiful thing to marvel at.
- See the Macy’s tree and windows: I know so many people go to Macy’s in the winter to admire the Christmas windows and the Christmas tree in the nutcracker room but I have never done this and have always wanted to.
- Go to Wisconsin for the weekend
- Put up the Christmas tree
- Have a Christmas movie night: Including but not limited to: Fred Claus, Elf, Home Alone, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Santa Claus is Coming to Town
- Go sledding
- Read some good books with some wintery drinks: I have been slacking with reading and just need a cozy environment and some hot chocolate to get back into the groove of things
- See all of my friends while they are home on break
- Dress up on Christmas: You’re typically lucky to get me in jeans on any given holiday
- Do a winter photo shoot: Going to city with super cute clothes, snow, and holiday lights… what else should I be doing?
- Try to take a family photo… key word is try: My sister hates smiling, my mom can’t open her eyes and I give my dad the side-eye every time he tries to be funny… 100 attempts and still nothing worthy of sending to our 100 closest friends.
- Shovel some now: It’s good exercise and it’ll be nice if I do it so my dad doesn’t have to wake up early to shovel every morning
- Build a snowman
- Eat a candy cane: I used to eat them all the time but I haven’t had one in a while and I feel like the holidays can’t start until I have sharpened my candy cane to a weapon a mouth destruction
- Make Christmas cookies: Vegan ones of course 😉
- Build a gingerbread house: They are super fun to make but I always ended throwing mine away because… I hate ginger.
- Remember the reason for the season
That’s my quick Christmas Bucket List, what’s yours?